Season two of Orange is the New Black is hilarious, shocking, and even kind of heartbreaking, alliances were strengthened and some groups were divided. After the dust settled, “Flaritza”, a.k.a. Flaca and Maritza, was sitting pretty — and, along with the other Latinas, in charge of the cocina.
Played by the talented and gorgeous Jackie Cruz and Diane Guerrero (whose IRL bond is beyond adorable), Flaca and Maritza haven’t just become friends in adversity, they’re the besties we want to hang out with the most. Here’s why we think Flaritza are the best fictional BFFs on TV.
1. They give really good advice.
2. They comfort each other while wearing matching chola eyeliner.
3. They’re romantics.
What do you think love is?
4. They set each other straight.
5. They don’t shy away from the big questions.
6. They have some fly dance moves.
7. They post adorable pictures on Instagram when they hang out in real life.
8. They have their own hashtag #Flaritza and there’s even a Flaritza tumblr.
— alb (@mcveranaya) June 30, 2014
9. And just like real BFFs, they get into fights.
10. But, they always make up.