Ca$hflow is Remezcla’s dive into the world of internet crowdfunding.
Know of an awesome Latin project that deserves attention?
Send an email to email@example.com
There is a long history of treating graffiti like a public nuisance, and a somewhat younger history of attempts to legitimize the artform. One of the latst from Latin America is the documentary film-in-progress With Love from La Habana, an effort on the part of a number of graffiti/urban/mural artists – Belin, Chacon, El Niño de las Pinturas, Berok, Does loveletters and Mr Kern – to use graffiti’s potential for bringing beauty and color to urban environments to rehabilitate depressed areas of Havana, Cuba. In their own words:
With Love From Havana is intended to be a street art documentary film product of social action. A group of graffiti artists decide to travel to Havana, Cuba. The action? Carry out rehabilitation of degraded areas through the graffiti mural art. The project consists of a cultural exchange, and create art galleries in the streets of Havana.
We need your help for:
– food costs for cast and crew;
– location costs;rental costs for camera, lens and sound equipment
– very basic gas stipends and transportation costs for everyone involved;
– graffiti-art department costs on material;
– festival entry fees;
– administrative costs;
– emergency fund (essential in order to cover any unforeseeable costs that may arise);
– fundraising fees (credit card fees; 4% IndieGogo fee if we reach our goal – otherwise, 9%).
As of this posting, they’ve only raised $10, but they have 88 days left to reach their $40,000 goal. Donate, or share with people who can. And don’t forget to check out the artists’ work!