Photo: Fernando Aceves / Colección Auditorio Nacional
Mexican Independence Day is technically not till the 16th, but the pre-game starts this weekend. Here are our suggestions for 10 ways to get your celebrations started:
1. Play Chingo Bling’s new album dropping Sept. 15, called Vota Por Pedro Part II El Mixtape
2. Watch the Maidana-Mayweather Fight
Las Vegas’ own Floyd Mayweather Jr. will enter the ring with Argentino Marcos Maidana on Saturday at Las Vegas’ MGM Grand Garden Arena. This is a rematch of the May 3rd fight, which Mayweather won — so let’s see if El China Maidana can surprise and actually change the out come this time around.
4. Cop Your Tickets to the Cafe Tacvba 25th Anniversary Tour (and if you’re in NYC enter to win here!)
5. Go Eat One of these 64 Burritos
6. Drink Some Horchata Beer. Yes, That’s a Thing Now. A Very Delicious Thing.
In case you don’t the story of El Grito like the back of your hand already, read our little history lesson here.
Check out our #TBT on the series here.
The man is a national treasure, and he’s touring the West Coast right now. Don’t miss it.
10. Read This Open Letter About Chicharito and Check Out Our Suggestions for the Six Ways he Can Succeed at Real Madrid
This weekend Real Madrid faces off against Atletico de Madrid. Yes, Spain is technically the colonizer that Mexican Independence celebrates overthrowing, but what better way to celebrate than by sending a Mexican over to their shores to shake things up?