On July 2nd, Remezcla hired an outside consulting firm to perform a full audit of Remezcla’s Human Resources policies and procedures. The consulting firm led by Jana Tulloch will also be acting as our interim Human Resources Director. Jana is a certified Human resources professional with over 15 years of experience, and her firm handles clients across North America.
Phase 1: Human Resources Audit (In Progress)
The HR Audit will be reviewing Remezcla’s current people practices. This is the first step in building a better HR foundation for the organization. The HR audit will help ensure the Company is properly incorporating employee perspectives, and is identifying current barriers (if any) to organizational and individual performance outcomes.
The audit will look at several practice areas of HR from how Remezcla attracts, hires, manages, and retains staff and all of the policies, procedures, and tools that are employed to carry out those activities. Specifically, the audit will review:
- Recruitment & Selection
- New Employee Onboarding
- Training & Development
- Health, Wellness, and Safety
- Compensation & Benefits
- Performance Management
- Attendance Management
- Record Keeping and Documentation
- Termination Processes
- Required Policies & Procedures
- Organizational and Reporting Structure
- Administration Processes
The HR audit will identify Remezcla’s strengths, and identify those areas that need attention. Once the audit is complete, a roadmap will be built that resembles a project plan, identifying all HR activities that need to be undertaken and their respective priorities.
Other Organizational Initiatives:
- Employee Advisory Committee – forming of an employee advisory committee with representatives from staff, who will work closely with the consulting’s firm representatives as the HR roadmap is rolled out.
- Leadership Assessment – Employee surveys to all staff, aimed at gaining understanding of their level of satisfaction and engagement, with specific questions around leadership and current practices.
- Education – Remezcla will provide team members with an education stipend for continued learning and personal growth in support of diversity and intersectional feminism.