CineInforme is a weekly film and television news column that keeps you up to date on the Latinx stories happening on the big and small screens. From casting choices to studio briefs in Hollywood and beyond, CineInforme is your one-stop-shop for film and TV updates. Swing by every Friday to make sure you don’t miss the latest happenings.
- Here’s your glimpse at what’s going on:
- Camila Cabello will make her feature acting debut on Amazon Prime. The studio purchased the rights to the musical Cinderella, which will star Cabello as the title princess. The film is written and directed by Kay Cannon (Blockers) and will premiere sometime later this year. [Deadline]
- Alice Braga (Soul) has joined the cast of the sci-fi film Share. The film tells the story of a man who awakens alone inside a room with only an old computer in his possession. There, he must learn to survive on his own. It’s being reported that the film will use “unique and immersive filmmaking techniques.” [Deadline]
- Natalie Morales (Battle of the Sexes) will lend her voice to Phil and Lil’s mother, Betty DeVille, in the revival of Rugrats for Paramount+. The trailer for the 3-D animated TV series recently dropped and features the cartoon kids getting into new mischief. [Entertainment Weekly]
- Callie Hernandez (La La Land) has joined the cast of the Jennifer Lopez action-comedy Shotgun Wedding. The film follows a bride and groom who must save their wedding party when they are all kidnapped. [Deadline]
- POV on PBS is returning for its 34th season and will include the documentaries Landfall about Puerto Rico post-Hurricane Maria; The Song of the Butterflies about an indigenous artist from Peru; Fruits of Labor about a Mexican American teenager working the fields in California; La Casa de Mama Icha about a woman who decides to return to her hometown in Colombia after living for years in the U.S.; and On the Divide about the last abortion clinic on the U.S./Mexico border. [Variety]