CineInforme is a weekly film and television news column that keeps you up to date on the Latinx stories happening on the big and small screens. From casting choices to studio briefs in Hollywood and beyond, CineInforme is your one-stop-shop for film and TV updates. Swing by every Friday to make sure you don’t miss the latest happenings.
- Here’s your glimpse at what’s going on:
- Oscar-nominated actress Catalina Sandino Moreno (Maria Full of Grace) is starring in a contemporary sci-fi horror series for Epix called From. The story is set in a town in Middle America where people who enter cannot leave. It doesn’t help that the town is surrounded by a forest brimming with dangerous creatures that come out at night. [Deadline]
- The final season of Netflix’s Spanish-language series Money Heist will be split into two volumes. The first volume will debut September 3. The second will hit Netflix on December 3. Each volume will include five episodes. [Deadline]
- Oscar Isaac’s (Ex Machina) upcoming film Dune is making its way to the Venice Film Festival this year. The Denis Villeneueve sci-fi remake is adapted from Frank Herbert’s 1965 novel of the same name. A film version was made in 1984 and directed by David Lynch (The Elephant Man). [Deadline]
- John Ortiz (Bumblebee) has joined the cast of the sci-fi adventure The Mothership. The film stars Oscar winner Halle Berry (Monster’s Ball) as a woman whose husband mysteriously disappears from their farm. She then finds a strange extraterrestrial object under her home, which leads her to believe that he was abducted by aliens. [Deadline]
- Bianca Del Rio (RuPaul’s Drag Race) will be a correspondent on the hard news program NewsBeat. Del Rio’s contribution to the show will include political analysis. [Deadline]