CineInforme is a weekly film and television news column that keeps you up to date on the Latinx stories happening on the big and small screens. From casting choices to studio briefs in Hollywood and beyond, CineInforme is your one-stop-shop for film and TV updates. Swing by every Friday to make sure you don’t miss the latest happenings.
Here’s your glimpse at what’s going on:
- Melissa Barrera (In the Heights) has been cast to star in the Netflix series Breathe. Barrera will play Liv, a Manhattan attorney who must find a way to survive when her plane crashes in the Canadian wilderness. [The Hollywood Reporter]
- Justina Machado (TV’s One Day at a Time) will star in the Amazon pilot Horror of Dolores Roach as the title character. The series is based on a podcast about a woman who is released from prison after 16 years and goes home to a gentrified Washington Heights. [Variety]
- Alice Braga (TV’s Queen of the South) has been added to the cast of Robert Rodriguez’s new thriller Hypnotic. The film stars Ben Affleck as a detective looking for his missing daughter. [Slash Film]
- Emeraude Toubia (TV’s Shadowhunters: The Mortal Instruments) has joined the upcoming Amazon TV series With Love from Gloria Calderón Kellett (TV’s One Day at a Time). The series follows Lily Diaz (Toubia) and her brother Jorge (Mark Indelicato) as they look for love. [Deadline]
- In partnership with Warner Bros., New York City’s tourism board has launched “The Latino Experience in NYC” just in time for the release of In the Heights. [Forbes]