CineInforme is a weekly film and television news column that keeps you up to date on the Latinx stories happening on the big and small screens. From casting choices to studio briefs in Hollywood and beyond, CineInforme is your one-stop-shop for film and TV updates. Swing by every Friday to make sure you don’t miss the latest happenings.
- Here’s your glimpse at what’s going on:
- Nadine Velazquez (TV’s The League) is playing a Puerto Rican rapper named Valeria, a.k.a Butter Pecan, in an upcoming pilot episode for the ABC series Queens. She is the newest member of a hip-hop group known as Nasty Bitches. [Deadline]
- Jeanine Mason (TV’s Roswell, New Mexico) has landed a role in the psychological thriller Viral alongside Blair Underwood (Deep Impact) and Sarah Silverman (School of Rock). We’re not sure how big Mason’s role is yet since her character’s disappearance is what triggers the main plot. [Variety]
- Ruben Santiago-Hudson’s (Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom) play Lackawanna Blues is going to Broadway for the first time. The play premiered in 2001 and was adapted into a TV movie in 2005 of the same name. Set in the 1950s outside Buffalo, Blues tells the story of the woman who raised Santiago-Hudson as a child. [Playbill]
- James Roday Rodriguez (TV’s Psych) is returning for a fourth season of the drama series A Million Little Things on ABC. Rodriguez plays Gary Mendez, a breast cancer survivor. [Deadline]
- Business leader and democrat fundraiser Henry R. Muñoz III is the new owner of the popular website Funny or Die. Co-founders of the website when it launched in 2007 were Will Ferrell, Adam McKay and Judd Apatow. [Variety]