CineInforme is a weekly film and television news column that keeps you up to date on the Latinx stories happening on the big and small screens. From casting choices to studio briefs in Hollywood and beyond, CineInforme is your one-stop-shop for film and TV updates. Swing by every Friday to make sure you don’t miss the latest happenings.
- Here’s your glimpse at what’s going on:
- Zoe Saldaña (Guardians of the Galaxy) will star in an upcoming Netflix film called The Bluff. The story is set in the Cayman Islands. Saldaña plays a woman whose land is invaded by dangerous swashbucklers. [Deadline]
- Natalie Morales (The Little Things) has been cast in the sci-fi dramedy I’m Totally Fine alongside Jillian Bell. Morales plays a woman who dies and is being mourned by her friend who decides to take a vacation to get her head straight. [Deadline]
- Oscar-nominated Mexican actress Marina de Tavira (Roma) and Natalie Martinez (End of Watch) have supporting roles in actor Hugh Jackman’s new movie, Reminiscence. The sci-fi action thriller is about “a private investigator of the mind” who helps his clients access the memories they have lost. [The Hollywood Reporter]
- Christian Milian (Falling Inn Love) and Enrique Murciano (Bright) will put their dancing shoes on to star in the new Starz Step Up series. The series is based on the film franchise that started with the 2006 movie led by Channing Tatum. [Deadline]
- Gina Rodriguez (Miss Bala) will star alongside Jenny Slate and Charlie Day in the new romantic comedy from Amazon Studios, I Want You Back. Slate and Day star as two heartbroken single people looking for fairytale love by trying to win back their ex-partners. [Variety]