Graphic Designer – CDMX
REMEZCLA is an independent media brand. Founded in 2006, REMEZCLA was the first premium digital publication for the young US Latinos. Today, the brand has become the go-to, on-the-pulse source to discover emerging Latinx culture. REMEZCLA is also the preferred partner for leading brands interested in creating culturally relevant content and experiences for a new generation of Latinos. REMEZCLA and its best-in-class team have earned awards across several categories including Webbys, Clio, Cannes Lions, Ex Award, ANA Reggie among others. REMEZCLA was founded and remains led by Latinx entrepreneurs. REMEZCLA is a Certified Minority-Owned Business Enterprise.
We are now seeking a Graphic Designer to form part of our full-time team in Mexico City.
Remezcla is seeking for a Graphic Designer to join our Creative Team. The position involves producing assets for both our website and social media platforms. They will be working closely with our Editorial Team to find creative solutions to help illustrate content across Remezcla’s platforms. Candidates with strong Photoshop skills and the ability to work creatively in a fast-paced media environment is preferred. A multitasker with an eye for detail, knowledge of Latinx culture and a strong understanding of visual storytelling is highly valued.
- Design and execute multimedia visual content across Remezcla’s platforms, such as our website, newsletter and our social media channels
- Working alongside with editors and creative team to conceptualize and produce visual content for new and existing articles
- Leverage a strong background in photo research to support the content team across digital platforms and ensure visual integrity of all images in a fast-paced environment
- Responsible for selecting, editing, positioning and publishing photos from our licensing service to accompany articles across verticals
- Work directly with the Creative and Art Director ensure that all artwork produced is up to the highest standards and is consistent with Remezcla’s brand
- Work within those standards to develop and evolve Remezcla’s visual brand
- Consistently curious of what’s happening at the intersection of Latinx Culture and worldwide visual trends
- Listen to Bad Bunny at least once a week
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required
- 2 – 3 years of experience as a graphic designer
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud, specifically Photoshop, Illustrator and Lightroom
- Experience providing multimedia visuals for social platforms including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- Candidate must be highly motivated, organized and have the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment with a high level of accuracy
- Experience in a start-up environment, digital newsroom, or similar arena
- Motivation to keep brand standards and evolve Remezcla’s visual content
- Strong and collaborative work ethic and enthusiasm to grow
- Experience editing videos using After Effects and/or Premiere Pro is a plus
- A strong visual language and attention to detail
- Passion for and deep understanding of Latino culture and lifestyle, as well as Youth and Pop culture more broadly
- Demonstrated ability to work independently when necessary and meet deadlines
- Bilingual (Spanish-English) preferred
Email your resume and samples of work to firstname.lastname@example.org (write “GRAPHIC DESIGNER” in the subject line) and tell us briefly about yourself and why you’re interested in the position.
*Remezcla is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.