MUSIC EDITORIAL INTERN
REMEZCLA is an independent media brand. Founded in 2006, REMEZCLA was the first premium digital publication for the young US Latinos. Today, the brand has become the go-to, on-the-pulse source to discover emerging Latinx culture. REMEZCLA is also the preferred partner for leading brands interested in creating culturally relevant content and experiences for a new generation of Latinos. REMEZCLA and its best-in-class team have earned awards across several categories including Webbys, Clio, Cannes Lions, Ex Award, ANA Reggie among others. REMEZCLA was founded and remains led by Latinx entrepreneurs. REMEZCLA is a Certified Minority-Owned Business Enterprise.
We are now seeking a Music Editorial Intern to form part of our growing digital team.
The Music Editorial Intern will be responsible for pitching, writing and assigning editorial content under the guidance of the Music Editor.
- Pitch, write and execute daily news hits, plus be comfortable writing other forms of editorial pieces (lists, long-form, interview, etc)
- Create monthly editorial calendar based on accepted editorial content
- Go through pitches from freelancers, occasionally pitch freelancers
- Contribute to editorial brainstorm sessions
- Learn our CMS, and use it to publish stories
- Be able to attend live music events occasionally
- Possibly travel for events
- Other tasks that may be assigned by Music Editor
- Candidate must be highly motivated, organized and have the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment with a high level of accuracy
- Passion for and deep understanding of Latino culture and music, as well as Youth and Pop culture more broadly
- Incredible attention to detail
- Writing, Copywriting, editing and proofreading ability
- Understanding of tone-of-voice, and how to gain the attention of online audiences
- Demonstrated ability to work independently when necessary and meet deadlines
- Bilingual (Spanish-English) preferred
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite a plus
Email your resume and samples of work to email@example.com (write “MUSIC EDITORIAL INTERN” in the subject line) and tell us briefly about yourself and why you’re interested in the position.
*Remezcla is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.