Con Calma? Absolutely. Daddy Yankee had a little snafu last week during the first installment of his Con Calma Pa’l Choli tour, but he isn’t letting it set things off to a bad start. After getting stuck on a descending platform at the start of his set (for really only a few minutes), the 42-year-old reggaetonero quickly went into damage control mode, offering a free show for all in attendance to make up for the slight delay. Yes, the show went on after Daddy Yankee got down from the roof. And yes, everyone is still getting their free show. That’s just how El Jefe rolls.
His producer Rafael Pina made an announcement on Tuesday, December 10, clarifying the arrangement for fans: Anyone who attended the Thursday, December 5 concert are welcome to attend a free show on Saturday, December 14 at 2:00 p.m. local time. According to an issued press release, the Puerto Rico Coliseum (a.k.a. El Choli) will open its doors for fans at 1:00 p.m. on Saturday afternoon. Just one note: Fans still need their tickets from the previous performance to get into this weekend’s function. And if you had a digital ticket, you should be receiving a new ticket via email as well.
“Attention my people, all those who went to enjoy the Yankee show last Thursday: For technical reasons, there was a failure on the stage and as you saw, two or three songs were lost. As a gift, [Daddy] Yankee offered to make up a show special for you, so stay tuned.” Pina said in a video posted to his Instagram account.
This news arrives on the heels of other recent troubles surrounding Daddy Yankee Choliseo residency: Following his concert on Saturday, December 7, vandals shot up El Choli — firing over 130 bullets around the venue’s stairs, doors, and walls. Thankfully, nobody was injured as the action took place hours after the show.
Daddy Yankee also didn’t let this instance phase him: “To the people who did this vandalism to the coliseum and to my colleague [Raphy] Pina, I’m here to tell you, you are still our brothers and we forgive [you],” he said following the reports. Clearly, Puerto Rico’s Cangri isn’t letting anything ruin his historic run at the Coliseum — even if it means doling out forgiveness and free concerts like candy.