REMEZCLA is an independent media brand. Founded in 2006, REMEZCLA was the first premium digital publication for the young US Latinos. Today, the brand has become the go-to, on-the-pulse source to discover emerging Latinx culture. REMEZCLA is also the preferred partner for leading brands interested in creating culturally relevant content and experiences for a new generation of Latinos. REMEZCLA and its best-in-class team have earned awards across several categories including Webbys, Clio, Cannes Lions, Ex Award, ANA Reggie among others. REMEZCLA was founded and remains led by Latinx entrepreneurs. REMEZCLA is a Certified Minority-Owned Business Enterprise.
We are now seeking a Social Media Intern to form part of our growing digital team.
The Social Media Intern will be responsible for posting, scheduling and tracking social media posts, and creating meaningful conversations with our digital communities under the guidance of the Social Media Director.
- Post and schedule content on Facebook and Twitter, and other social platforms as needed
- Help create meaningful conversations on our social channels
- Community management: monitor comment sections, keep our digital communities welcoming and inclusive
- Identify, organize, and schedule evergreen content
- Other tasks that may be assigned by Social Media Director
- Candidate must be highly motivated, organized and have the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment with a high level of accuracy
- Passion for and deep understanding of Latino culture and lifestyle, as well as Youth and Pop culture more broadly
- Incredible attention to detail
- Copywriting, editing, and proofreading ability
- Understanding of tone-of-voice, and how to gain the attention of online audiences
- Demonstrated ability to work independently when necessary and meet deadlines
- Bilingual (Spanish-English) preferred
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite a plus
Email your resume and samples of work to [email protected] (write “Social Media Intern” in subject line) and tell us briefly about yourself and why you’re interested in the position.
*Remezcla is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.