After recently getting sued again with Sergio Andrade for their alleged involvement in a sex ring of minors in Mexico, Gloria Trevi has responded to the new lawsuit. In a statement that the Mexican pop star posted today (Jan. 6), she maintained her innocence.
On Dec. 30, Trevi and her ex-producer Andrade were sued by two Jane Does in a 30-page lawsuit filed in L.A. In the lawsuit, the two Jane Does allege they were 13 and 15 years old when Trevi approached them and lured them into a sham music training by Andrade with the promise of turning them into stars. The victims claimed Trevi groomed them to become sex slaves to Andrade, with much of their abuse taking place in L.A. county. The two Jane Does are described in the lawsuit as “survivors of childhood sexual abuse, sexual battery, assault, molestation, and abuse.”
In her statement, Trevi claimed that she, too, was a victim of sexual abuse. In the past, she has mentioned without directly naming Andrade that she was oppressed by him as well. “My words are directed to everyone who may have seen recent allegations about me but do not know the background and my story,” Trevi said in her statement. “Being a victim of physical and sexual abuse is one of the worst things that can happen to a human being. I say it, and I know it, because I am a survivor. And, my thoughts go out to anyone who, like me, has ever been the victim of any kind of abuse.”
Trevi called the accusations against her in the new lawsuit “false.” She mentioned that she was previously acquitted of those crimes in Mexico in 2004 when a judge ruled that there was insufficient evidence to support the rape, kidnapping, and corruption of minors charges against her.
“But I will not remain silent while I am unfairly accused of crimes I did not commit,” she continued. “These false accusations, which were first made against me 25 years ago, have been tried in various courts and, in all instances, I have been completely and totally acquitted. For these old, disproven claims to resurface now is tremendously painful for me and for all my family. The accusations were false when they were made and remain false today.”
Trevi ended the statement by saying that she filed a lawsuit in the U.S. to “expose and hold all those who are trying to defame me accountable.” “I will continue to move forward and work to get justice in this case — and I will do so knowing that the truth is on my side,” Trevi said.
The Jane Does’ lawsuit against Trevi and Andrade calls for a trial by jury to litigate the claims and determine the amount of damages.