Formula One’s Sergio Pérez has signed a two-year contract extension with Red Bull through 2024.
The 32-year-old Mexican racing driver won the 2022 Monaco Grand Prix on Sunday (May 29) and is currently ranked third in the driver standings.
View this post on Instagram
“Thank you for all the trust and for making me part of this family for two more years! Vamooos!” Pérez posted in English and Spanish on social media.
The contract extension was announced by Red Bull on Tuesday (May 31), but Pérez had already signed on the dotted line prior to the Monaco Grand Prix.
“For me, this has been an incredible week, winning the Monaco Grand Prix is a dream for any driver and then to follow that with announcing I will continue with the team until 2024 just makes me extremely happy,” Pérez said. “I am so proud to be a member of this team and I feel completely at home here now. We are working very well together and my relationship [Red Bull teammate] Max [Verstappen], on and off the track, is definitely helping drive us forward even more.”
Red Bull team principal Christian Horner called the contract extension a “no brainer” and said that he believes the pairing of Pérez and Verstappen “can bring us the biggest prizes in F1.”
“Time and again he has proved himself to not only be a magnificent team player but as his level of comfort has grown, he has become a real force to be reckoned with at the sharp end of the grid,” Horner said. “We are delighted that Checo will continue to race for the team until 2024.”